Friday, November 6, 2009
Date Night
So last night was date night. We started this a month or so ago where every Thursday is Thurs-date night! We love going out to eat and the valley we live in has no shortage of amazing restaurants. I'm surprised everyone that lives here isn't 500 pounds. With all the bakeries and amazing places to eat. Good thing we've also got places to hike and bike and keep our butts moving. Since it's Thursday the restaurants are usually pretty quiet. We sat on the deck outside under the stars and sipped champagne and ate our wonderful meals. Made me realize how lucky we really are. Everyone's everyday stresses can really get you down if you let them. But all it takes is a moment like last night to think....'I've really got a good thing going on here and I best not forget it.' I do get myself a bit worried when I allow myself to see all the good in my life. I feel like it opens the door for something bad to happen. I have to remind myself to stay in the moment and dwell on the positive. Like my favorite quote states...."Worry does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrow, it empties today of it's strength" (-Corrie Ten Boom)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment